Tuesday 28 February 2012

Vitae Workshop - The Effective Researcher the End is in Sight

Last week I attended another Vitae workshop called The Effective Researcher the End is in Sight. It was a workshop specifically designed for PhD researchers nearing the end of their study. They had a session on how to survive and what to expect from your viva. Then later gave us useful information on applying for jobs and what employers look for. They had really interesting guest speakers and the day flew by. It was really useful and I'm so glad I went.
I feel like I'm not at all ready for the end of my study but I do really feel like I'm getting there. One of the most important things I took away from the day was to remember not to get overwhelmed and to approach everything one piece at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment