Friday 8 April 2011

Conferences

This Monday I am presenting at the UKAIS conference in Oxford, luckily for me it is only the PhD Consortium and not the scary conference. Despite being fairly confident in every day living I always turn into jelly whenever I have to present my research, I am getting better since I am becoming more confident with my subject but I still get really nervous and get the shakes.
Despite this I have thrown myself in the deep end and applied to more conferences, I figured the more I did the better I will get, plus I really need to start publishing some of my work soon.
I have been accepted to present for two more actual conferences! The first one I was accepted to was this one:
http://www.hope.ac.uk/popular-culture/theorising-the-popular.html
It's at Liverpool Hope University, I spent absolutely ages on my abstract, I was tweeking and re-writing for about a week and a bit, like I've said before I seem to have to work really hard to get things right. Although I think my tweeking and hard work paid off as they seemed genuinely excited about my paper.

The second conference I have been accepted for is this one:
http://www.pg.salford.ac.uk/sparc11

To be honest I had completely forgotten that I had applied to this one and just assumed that I wasn't accepted, so it was a nice surprise and terrible shock that I have been accepted. It's at Salford University which is literally just down the road from my flat. I'm excited that I'll get the opportunity to have a look around the university and meet some new people. But I am also worried that I won't be ready in time, I'll just have to work even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment