Sunday 12 February 2012

Interview with Sugar Paper Zine

I'm nearly finished collecting my data. I could easily go on meeting and talking to people forever but I'm coming to the end of my study so I'm busy writing up.

Around a year or so ago I was looking for some crafty zines for me to read and I came across Sugar Paper Zine. I ordered a few issues and coincidentally it turns out that the girls behind them are based in Manchester. I contacted them through twitter and they very kindly agreed to talk to me about what they do.


Seleena and Kandy write Sugar Paper Zine, a bi-annual zine about craft projects and the Do-it-yourself ethic. Firstly, one of the things I love about sugar paper is it is the epitome of how craft meets DIY culture, it's a great example of how the two connect. The second thing I love about this zine is it's pretty fun and cool, much like the writers Seleena and Kandy. They were both very friendly and were really enthusiastic about what they do. I had a really great time chatting with them and it felt like talking to new friends.


Seleena writes a few other zines and Kandy designs and makes scarves/accessories with her own business Knit and Destroy. They are both really talented at what they do and are driven by love of making so be sure to visit their sites and support their work. Also have a look at their collective blog: http://sugarpapergang.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment