Monday 17 September 2012

Bit of Knitting

I've made this cardigan and bear for some friends of mine who are expecting a baby. They live out in Germany so I will post them out later today. The cardigan is a little bit wonky but I hope they like it anyway. It was my first real garment I have ever knitted so thought I would start small and simple.

 
Although I have now handed in my thesis I have decided to keep this blog running as I would like to continue documenting the things I am making and the various projects I am involved in. I am currently looking for a research position but as times are tough and highly competitive in academia right now I am not overly confident I will find something any time soon. I've pretty much accepted that I will have to take an unrelated job to make ends meet but I still intend to continue research and projects on the side so hopefully when the perfect position pops up I'll be ready. I am under no illusions that this won't be difficult but my research is based on who I am so I will continue to make, explore and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment