Sunday 7 October 2012

Viva Voce

I am pleased to announce that I have passed my my PhD viva with minor corrections. Over the course of my PhD I have faced some difficulty from others, especially within my own university claiming that my work was not good enough or placing unnecessary obstacles in my way. However, because of this it has given me the strength to believe in my work and myself, also giving me plenty of practice defending my research.

 Picture from the trial in Alice in Wonderland

Luckily for me I had a very pleasant and (almost) enjoyable viva. I had two fantastic examiners who I hold a great amount of respect for and they gave my work the attention it deserves. Not only that but they completely understood what my research is about as some of the problems I have faced has been due to a lack of understanding of the subject area, so it was great that my supervisors knew the right people to contact to examine my work.

Of course none of this would have been possible without the support and guidance of my supervisory team. I would like to say a big thank you to Dr. Gill Green and Dr. Rachel McLean, they have changed my life, thank you xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment