Tuesday 16 October 2012

Knight Bus Scarf and Mittens

Since completing my PhD I've managed to do quite a lot of knitting. One of the projects I've been working on is my winter scarf and mittens. I wanted to make a simple ribbed scarf with some super chunky wool so I raided my stash and found some violet blue and black Big Softie. It's so soft and satisfying to knit with.


I also found this beautiful violet colour wool in my local yarn shop, it was a little bit pricey but I reasoned that I would be wearing these mittens every day in the winter so could justify paying a little bit extra. This picture doesn't do the colour justice it really is beautiful purple blue, it reminds me of the Knight bus from Harry Potter.


Here's a pic of me on the actual Knight bus from when we went to the amazing Harry Potter studio tour earlier this year. This was so cool but don't want to say too much as I don't want to ruin any surprises but I would recommend it to anyone who loves Harry Potter or any film fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment