Tuesday 22 March 2011

Knitted Kittens Craft Club

I definitely think it's worth mentioning that I run a monthly Knitting group in the centre of Manchester. We're called the Knitted Kittens and although I initially set it up it has definitely been a collective effort between myself and a few other people. My friend Tamsyn came up with the name and another very talented friend called Sophie designs the flyer. We all bring down cake to the night and help each other learn and share techniques. We have about 15 regular members which is actually pretty good. I thought it would be worth mentioning on this blog as it has definitely been and continues to be an influence to my research. It has been running for nearly a year now and continues to get better. Being part of this group allows me to participate in my research and demonstrates how these subjects that I will be addressing are actually very personal to me. I will continue to put our monthly posters on this blog because they are always so imaginative and Sophie is so very talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment