Monday 21 March 2011

Meeting with Prof.

Today I was lucky enough to get a meeting with Professor David Rudd, we met at the University of Bolton Research Conference last year, when he was mediating the group that I was presenting within. He spoke to me because one of his research students Michelle was writing about DIY punk scenes and there is a little bit of cross over between mine and her work. I have also met up with Michelle (who is fantastic) but is very busy at the write up stage of her thesis. I have lots of respect for both of them as not only do I like the subjects they both choose to write about they are both really easy to talk to and very grounded.  I'm very lucky that David makes time for me, being a busy Prof and all and he always keeps a look out for good references for me. I'm still waiting on a book from amazon which he suggested which looks perfect for my research, it was a little pricey but it doesn't matter as it looks really interesting and helpful:






No comments:

Post a Comment