Sunday 26 June 2011

Geek Girl Tea Party

Today I went to Madlab for a Geek Girl Tea Party, I've been trying to get into Madlab for a couple of weeks now but they never answer any of my emails, when I found out about this event I thought I would invite myself along. When I got there we could put our name down to show a presentation of some of the stuff each of us gets up to or areas of interest, so I decided to present my research as I thought it would be good practice. I thought it went OK as I seemed to be a lot more confident than usual, but I'm not sure if I was presenting to the right audience as I just assumed that everybody would know what I was talking about and I did get a few blank faces.
As it was a tea party I decided to bring to some home made cookies for everyone to share, as it was for girl geeks I made them with my pac-man and ghost cookie cutters, which everyone seemed to love and even got a special mention on twitter, I managed to take a pic of some earlier:


I met some really nice people there including this one girl who came over and introduced herself after my presentation, she explained that she was an graphic designer who also works in web design and I asked if she wouldn't mind doing an interview for my research, she gave me her business card and it had one of her designs on and it was really beautiful, I'm going to contact her in a few weeks to do an interview because I really love her style and she is a great example of a creative individual using technology, to have a look at some her work follow this link to her blog: Angie Chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment