Sunday 12 June 2011

SPARC conference

Last week I attended and presented my research at the Salford Post-grad Annual Research Conference (SPARC). Although I was noticeably nervous while presenting I think it went really well, lots of people came over to tell me how they enjoyed my presentation and like my research topic, which really meant a lot to me. I met lots of nice people and despite them being from different disciplines I would genuinely like to keep in touch with them. One of the people I met was called Michael Hardman, I was lucky enough to be introduced to him just after my presentation as his research is about guerilla gardening, which is a topic I wanted to look at as part of my research. His presentation was very entertaining, inspiring and dare I say my favourite of the conference, as he obviously holds a lot of passion for his subject. I have since read his paper called 'Understanding Guerilla Gardening: an exploration of illegal cultivation in the UK', which is also great and hope to reference the paper within my research.
Lots of great things happened over the two days but as I didn't take any photos I won't write too much about it, although I will end this post with a picture of the awesome free mug that were in the conference goodie bags. I hope I get the opportunity to participate again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment