Wednesday 1 June 2011

Interpretative Research Seminar

Today I went to Salford University for a free seminar entitled 'How and why do we use interpretative research methods', it was being held by the people from UKAIS and because I had such a nice time with them in Oxford I was looking forward to going, especially as my research will be/is taking an interpretativist stance. I wasn't disappointed, the speaker was Professor Geoff Walsham from the University of Cambridge and he was absolutely brilliant, he was very entertaining and informative. He provided some excellent insights into interpretative research and was really inspiring in many ways, but it also reminded me that I still had a long way to go. I wish I had taken a photo to put on here but thought I might have looked a bit strange, I'll hopefully be able to update this post at a later date with some more of the resources when UKAIS provide them. I hope that one day I'll get the opportunity to have a proper chat with Professor Walsham about interpretative methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment