Thursday 15 September 2011

Connected Communities Conference

I have just come back from the Connected Communities Conference at Newcastle University, it was such a great conference as it really focused on my area of research. I was a bit too shy to speak to people there at the time but I have been contacted by a few people via twitter and will definitely email them back for a chat:


Here are a few photos that I took of some of my favourite presenters but they didn't come out too great because they were taken on my phone:

 OrsayCommons, Building a Micro-Community of Museum Hackers,
Julien Dorra.

 Seeds to Soil,
Lien Tran.

The Community Stack: Design Principles for a Community Centered Solution Stack,
Adam Hasler, Kawandeep Virdee and Benjamin Sugar.


I was driven to Newcastle by the lovely Dr. Gill Green, who is far too good to me, we stayed at one of her houses and she was my guide around the city. She took me to Durham University which was really inspiring and the Angel of the North, which was amazing:


On the way back we drove back through the Lake District and stopped off at a farm shop where we met this handsome chap:


I had such a great time, saw loads of new things and learned lots, of course it takes a few days for everything to sink in and I'm still very tired. I'm hoping to apply to present at this conference myself next year so fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment