Sunday 11 December 2011

Charles Leadbeater Talk

On Thursday I went to the Cornerhouse Cinema to hear Charles Leadbeater do a talk called 'Improvers, Entertainers, Shockers and Makers: A Guide to Modern Culture'. Charles Leadbeater has been extremely influential to my thesis and I found his book 'We Think: Mass Innovation not Mass Production' extremely inspiring when I was trying to work out what I wanted to write about.


The talk was fantastic, it took a little while to warm up but when it did I remembered everything that I liked about Leadbeater's philosophies and how it applies to my own work. I found his opinions particularly interesting during the Q and A session afterward. 


I managed to have a quick word with Charles Leadbeater at the end of the session to tell him how influential his book has been on my work and he seemed pleased, I also managed to get my booked signed, my copy of this book is actually battered as I've made so many notes in the margins.


I highly recommend Leadbeater's work for ideas and information about the benefits of sharing ideas and collaboration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment