Saturday 31 December 2011

My Makes

This is the last blog post of 2011, my blog has been a bit quiet since I've been taking some time off from the madness of December which included writing a journal paper, covering lessons and marking, but 2012 expects to be a bigger and busier year for me as I'm hoping to finish my thesis when my funding ends at the end of July. I already have lots of excellent things planned but thought I would finish the year with a post of some of the things I knitted as Christmas presents for people.

These are hot water bottle covers that I made using a simple garter stitch and basic pattern which I made up myself, the colours were chosen by the recipients and the buttons have snowflake details to be give a wintery feel. They were pretty easy so I am in the middle of making one for myself too.  
 

The next item is a tea cosy which was requested by the recipient, I decided to use green as I know that many items in her kitchen are lime green,  The tea pot is from Whittards and has the same star detail which can be seen on the mugs, the stars inspired me to think of a circus theme so the tea cosy design is loosely based on the stripes of a big-top tent (attaching the bobble on top made me particularly angry). I placed a miniature bottle of gin within the tea pot as a secret surprise.   

 
I hope that everyone had a excellent Christmas and has a happy new year. Although I am enjoying the rest I am looking forward to diving back into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment