Sunday 8 May 2011

First Interviews

On Friday I conducted my first interviews to start collecting my data, I'm technically not ready to start my interviews yet but I suppose it's never too early to start collecting your data. I contacted them a few months ago when I was panicking that I was behind in my work and I didn't want to lose the opportunity to speak to them.
The interviews were with Dave and Jane Fairhurst, and although they are a married couple they are both are very individual in their pursuits, but as equally passionate about their subjects.

I contacted Dave after hearing about his work starting the Wigan Music Collective, which he started so there would be somewhere for his son to play in Wigan, we spoke about the collective, the benefits of community, and his DIY ethic. I'm actually really looking forward to transcribing it.



My second interview was with Jane Fairhurst, who is an artist and founded OK studios, you can find her work here. Jane was lovely, we spoke about her work, how she had set up the studios as a registered charity and the importance of working within a system. After the official interview we chatted for a long time and I think we got on really well, we agreed on a lot of the same issues and I really liked her.



I had such a lovely day, I took a train over to Wigan and Dave very kindly picked me up and dropped me back off at the station. Dave and Jane are wonderful people, they were very open and friendly. Their house and garden were beautiful and I thank them for welcoming me in and giving me the best first interviews I could have wanted.   

No comments:

Post a Comment