Tuesday 2 August 2011

Interview with the Knitting Noras (Bolton)

Last Sunday I met up with the Knitting Noras, a knitting group based in Bolton to conduct an interview and participate within their group. This interview will contribute to the focus group element of my research and will hopefully be the first of many of this kind. The Knitting Noras are positively lovely, they were very welcoming and gave me lots of useful information for my research. Many of the members run their own blogs and use social networking sites such as Yahoo groups and Ravelry to share and talk about their work. The group has been running for about 10 years now and have accomplished so much during this time, including and most notably the naked knitting calender they produced for the charity Christies Hospital in memory of losing a member of the group to cancer. Below is a video of some of the members discussing and promoting the calendar on Channel M:

 

I had a lovely time but my only concern is because it was such a busy day in the coffee shop where they meet, I am worried that the interview did not pick up fully on my recording device, although if this is the case it does give me the opportunity to go back and interview the group again which is something that I would be more than happy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment