Thursday 5 January 2012

Interview with Quilting Ninja

When recently writing a paper for a journal. I realized (to my horror) that I hadn't actually interviewed any Etsy sellers yet, I needed to know some of the benefits of using Etsy for crafty people wanting to sell their work. After a quick plea on Facebook an old friend of mine (Madeline, who also runs an online store called Ghouls and Gladrags) said that she has a friend in America which has her own store on Etsy, she contacted her for me and managed get a few written statements to use for my research.

This also proves as an excellent example of how people may build relationships online (such as Madeline and her friend Kristen) even when based in different countries. It can also be used as an example of utilizing new technologies to collect data.

Kristen runs Quilting Ninja, where she makes and sells beautiful quality quilts with a "twist on the traditional".



Quilting Ninja clearly believes in the importance of individuality and the personality which can be found within the handmade, as Kristen also offers a bespoke service; meaning that if you had a particular design, theme or idea in mind then Kristen can be contacted to help make your ideas a reality. I personally love how she mixes the traditional notion of quilting with contemporary and alternative tastes, such as the Dr Suess quilt which is my particular favourite.


I want to say a big thank you to Madeline and Kristen as they have both really made such a big difference to my research, make sure you visit their stores and support their work xx

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I, too, support handmade... not just buying it, but encouraging other people to start creating if they don't. It's so personal and a therapeutic. Nice post!

    Love & Cake,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete